27 August 2015

Singapore Night Festival 2015


If you were to ask me which festival in Singapore I like the most, I won't think twice in giving you an answer, it's gotta be Singapore Night Festival! 

This is the 8th successive installation of the Night Festival. The festival progammes include performances, light installations and also plenty of activities for night festival goers to enjoy; almost all the progammes are free. For myself, I love light installation the most! Every year without fail, I will try to attend the festival and take some pictures of the Night Lights. 

My favourite light installation for this year is "Pixels Wave 2015" by Miguel Chevalier (France) with Carrie K and Depression (Singapore) which is located at the National Design Centre, Atrium Level 1. Here are some of the photos:

I love how the people enjoyed taking photos with the lights.
I love how the lights made the photo more 3D.
I love how the lights change the environment.
I love how the people stepping on the lights.
I love how the lights create a fanciful background.
I love how the lights interact with the people.
I love how the lights create a mysterious atmosphere.
I love how the lights create a relax environment.
I love how the lights sent across the message.
I love how the people surrendered themselves to the lights.

I really enjoyed watching the people of all ages playing with the lights. I witnessed how they played with the lights was really amazing, walking left to right, running right to left, never enough. And myself too, taking photos from right to left, left to right and zoom in and out. 

Just a short walk from National Design Centre, you will find yourself standing in front of this visible and big Façade of National Museum of Singapore. The light installation is "The Anooki Celebrate Singapore" by David Passegand and Moetu Batlle (France). 


"The Anooki Celebrate Singapore" by David Passegand and Moetu Batlle (France)
"The Anooki Celebrate Singapore" by David Passegand and Moetu Batlle (France)

And beside the National Museum of Singapore, you can see a grand Banyan Tree; on the branches you will see the art-piece "Le Désir et la Menace" by Cedric Le Borgne (France).

Le Désir et la Menace | By Cedric Le Borgne (France)
Three Birds Wire Sculptures on the Grand Banyan Tree.

If you love these light installations, please go and check it out! It really worth making a trip down.

For more information about Singapore Night Festival, please visit: http://nightfest.sg/


Written by: Q.J.
Photography by: Q.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment